Sunday, January 15, 2017

Mother of 3 Adjusting

I had my first real week of adjusting to taking care of three munchkins on my own this month. I just wanted to be home! So instead of staying at my moms where she so willingly helps, I decided it was time to stay home while Zach lived in SLC to finish his training. (That way my mom could actually focus on packing to move that week!) He was away for 6 full days and we survived! We had the snowiest few days in Logan it was crazy, getting a few feet even. Our schools got cancelled 3 days because of it and temperatures in the -20's in some parts of the valley. Nuts! The first big snow day I was feeling up the challenge of getting the boys ready to play outside in it. I watched them through the window with sis. A great time to have a twin to play instead of mom :)
I've learned the boys have more freedom and independence now due to me not being able to always physically watch what they are doing or follow through with my orders. Because of this they spend most of their days without clothes on. I can't keep clothes on these kids to save my life!. One day I went to check on them and they each had put on 6 pairs of undies on. And they wore them all day until they had to pee haha. Another time I found them dancing (ballroom style) in their room pretending to be beauty and the beast. Hilarious. Although they are getting more sassy with each other and fighting more, I am so grateful they have each other to be entertained by. They are the best of friends. (jack took this pic)
Dinner and bed time is the hardest being alone. It seems to be Joelle's neediest time of day (meaning she wants to be held) and it's when Jack and Eli get so emotional. I sent Zach several snap chats of one or more child just bawling in the background...I can only help one at a time and completely outnumbered. But this was a sweet moment before bed one night :)
Watching a movie together in my bed. Shortly after this photo, Eli said he had to go potty and I look over to see he had completely peed on my bed. And this was right after I had redone filling our king size duvet cover with a new insert which was a huge pain to do. I was so frustrated! 
We had a few playdates with Ronnie. One at our house and one at his. 
We got to see my mom one last time before she moved to California. She came over and brought pizza and my grandparents and Emily joined us too. It was a fun afternoon!

And Jessica came to watch all 3 kids for the first time while I went to an appointment. Jack and Eli were SO excited to play with her again. They kept telling me to go as soon as she got here. 

I've had many great moments each day where I feel on top of everything and really proud of myself for having chores done and kids happy. Then I've had many overwhelming moments each day where I'm almost in tears and lose patience with my kids. I'm trying to learn how not to be too hard on myself when I know Im not being the best mom I could be. I'm learning I need to always have a prayer in my heart to be calm and kind in frustrating moments and I'm finding that playing church music in my home helps me with this. I'm so grateful to be a mom and have this time where I'm home  full time adjusting together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment