Thursday, March 3, 2011

Big girl

First real teaching interview---check

First block of student teaching---check

Graduation= 2 months and 4 days away

I have been diligently getting all my application packets put together the past few weeks and they are now ready to be turned in. I desperately want a teaching job. I used to not care either way too much....but now that we are planning to build/buy a town home, I all of a sudden REALLY want a teaching job :) As I'm nearing the close of my student teaching (7 more weeks) I am able to picture the reality of me being a teacher more and more. It's a great feeling but also leaves me kind of stressed because now I have to go through the process of interviewing and being grown up! It's scary let me tell ya! I'm applying to Box Elder, Logan, Cache, and Preston school districts and praying and crossing my fingers that someone somewhere will want to hire me! Oh and I'm applying to Thomas Edison charter school as well- the school directly across the street from where we will live. How convenient would that be if I were to get hired there!

All this growing up stuff is really weird. I'm excited to be moving on to this next stage of my life, but at the same time I know I will miss these days of always knowing what will happen. --- you register for school, you go to school, you register for school, you go to school. But don't get me wrong. I am ready to be done with college! I am so excited to have my own classroom. Get to have my own students. Get to be able to run a classroom exactly how I want. But I also am very nervous about being a real teacher. Am I ready for that? Am I prepared?? Ready or not here I come....hire meeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment