Wednesday, August 14, 2013

32 Weeks

32 Weeks
  • So busy this week-no time for a belly pic. 
  • Baby A is weighing 4 pounds 5 ounces and Baby B is weighing 4 pounds 11 ounces. 9 pounds together!
  • Both are back to the head down position and Kathy, our ultrasound tech, didn't see how Baby B would be able to flip again because they are both really squished down their. Hope she's right!
  • It was a huge accomplishment making it to 32 weeks because now we can have them safely in the Logan Hospital!! Dr. Blackett says our next big goal is to make it to 34 weeks, which lessens a lot of other developmental problems. We can do it!
  • This is the week I start going twice a week into the hospital for 'stress tests' where they monitor the babies heart beats for about an hour. These extra two appointments on top of the doctor ones I'm already doing make for lots of time taking care of these babies! So glad to have such good care and I love getting to see them through ultrasound so often. 
  • I started back at work this week with teacher training. My body sure isn't used to being out and  about all day, but it's holding up well. My administration is so great to be patient with me and my principal asks me about 5 times a day how I'm doing. Love my job. My school has been adding on this summer and I got 'lucky' enough be one of the few teachers who will be moving into a new room. Of course the construction has gotten behind schedule, but today is supposed to be our moving in day. Back to School Night is tomorrow so you can imagine how moving and setting everything up in one day will go...luckily I've got a team of family and friends to help me!
  • Contractions happen at least 15-20 times a day but still very manageable with the pill they gave me and resting when they start to become regular. 
  • Although I'm contracting all the time, my cervix still looked great as of yesterday and I still have 'the go' to keep working. We are just taking things one day at a time and listening to my body. I would like to make it as long as possible at work so my maternity leave doesn't have to begin without my babies even being here :(
  • The end is in sight and time just keeps speeding up as I've become more busy now. We are getting so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Two more weeks, you can do it! You also need to mention that yes, you have 9 lbs of baby in you, but you also have double the fluid! (right?) Good luck working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you're right! and a 'super placenta' as they call it :) Thanks for the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my HERO! I don't know how you do it all! I am exhausted every day, and that is only with carrying one baby, and not quite as far along as you are! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete