Sunday, August 25, 2013

34 Weeks

34 Weeks
  • This has been the hardest week yet-emotionally and physically. But I could not be more excited and happy that we've made it to week 34!  Our doctor has given us confidence that we are in a pretty good place from here on out to have some healthy babies. So great. 
  • They will get measured this week so I will add in the new weights when that happens. I'm hoping to see a 5! Then I'd feel pretty ready to let them come out whenever.-----**So Eli was estimated to weigh 5 pounds 7 ounces, and Jack 6 pounds 2 ounces. I am still shocked that they are this big!! I am slightly terrified imagining how big they are going to get if I make it clear to 37 weeks. Praying my body can handle this!
  • Baby A is now transverse. I have no clue how he's fitting sideways like that, but we hope he moves back to head down soon.
  • I started my 3rd year of teaching this past week, and after the 2nd day realized it wasn't going to work the way I'd hoped. I was hoping to make it a few weeks teaching, but by the end of the school day, my body was screaming at me. Once I started timing contractions, they were at 9 an hour. It took the entire evening/night to get them slowed down to a more reasonable pace and I made the decision to start my maternity leave early. It's been really hard on me emotionally dealing with this decision. I'm not being forced to stop working by my doctor; it's my choice. So I feel so guilty leaving my class and aide this early when the beginning of the school year is such a stressful and busy time. But I also feel that this is what I need to do for the boys to keep them in just a little longer. Working my normal teacher schedule was lots harder than I thought it would be and I'm confident that resting instead of overworking myself is what is best for the boys right now. Now I just hope I won't have to spend too many weeks of my maternity leave without my babies :( The most would be 3 weeks without them, giving me 9 weeks with them. 
  • Physically I'm learning that the simplest things keep getting harder. Sitting in church today gave me about 13 contractions just during sacrament meeting! I'm spending most my time sitting or laying on the couch just out of comfort. I feel like it's all I can do these days! Zach has been such a huge help with getting the house deep cleaned and ready for the babies this weekend. 
  • Weight Gain: ....50 pounds! I really can't believe I'm living with 50 extra pounds of me. Insane!
  • Latest annoyance is my itching belly. It's stretched to the max right now and constantly itching like crazy! I'm not allowed to itch because it makes it so much worse and Zach keeps me honest. Doctor says I have what is called PUPPS so she gave me a prescription cream to work with. 
  • Dr. Blackett told us this week that once we get to 35 weeks, we won't have to worry about stopping contractions with the pill, but just let things take their course. Exciting!
  • My family took bets a few weeks ago of when the boys will come. Zach's was last Friday so he's already wrong. Mine is this Friday (August 30th). We are so anxious to get this show on the road and see what our story holds. So excited!


5 comments:

  1. Woo hoo I'm so happy to see another post from you! That 5 lb mark will be so great to reach. And don't you dare feel guilty for doing what's best for those babies! It'll make going back to work so much easier if they're healthy and at home and the longer they cook, the healthier they'll be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That might have sounded mean. I just meant I think you're doing a great job and if you feel like leaving work early is the best choice, it must be! Good luck if this is the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so great Karli!
    We miss you so much at school, but we want you to take care of those babies! We can't wait till they arrive! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superwoman!! You're doing great-and getting so close. It seems like it would be really nice to take it "easy" (as easy as it can get carrying two babies around all day) before those boys get here and you're off running. Way to listen to your Mommy Intuition. So excited! I'll bet your mom's just itching to get her hands on those little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marissa, you didn't sound mean at all! Thanks for the luck :) Miss you too Heather! Angie, yes my family is just as anxious as we are!

    ReplyDelete