I've been thinking this year how we need be starting Christmas traditions within our little family. I know the boys won't remember quite yet, but having them a little older this year has been so fun to do things with them. It's been hard to find the time to put things together when I'm working so much, but just in time I got this tradition started that I've been wanting to. I wrapped 12 christmas books up and labeled them with numbers to count down the 12 days until Christmas. Each night after getting ready for bed, I let the boys unwrap the book for the day and we read it by the light of the Christmas tree. They aren't even new books (just books from our collection) and then on Christmas Eve I want them to open a brand new book and a pair of new pjs for the night. Sure sounds magical and perfect right? Well in reality, it's been pretty comical so far. These crazy boys last a second or two of us reading to them and then they want on to the next book to unwrap and read. They don't quite understand that we are only doing ONE a night :) Oh well, I know it will get more fun as they get older and I'm excited about it!




Tonight we also went to the Morgan Farm Live Nativity. I loved it! There were some picture of Christ and live animals to look at as you walked through the barn to where Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus were at the end. They have hot chocolate and hay rides too but we didn't have time to stay too long. I hope we can keep going in future years as our kids get older and can understand the story or Jesus's birth more. In a world where so much focus is on Santa at this time, I love that our community puts on something to help families focus on what Christmas is truly about.
No comments:
Post a Comment