Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Break

Oh it was so nice to have almost a week off of work to spend with family. We started the break off on a high with the closing of the house on Wednesday morning!! So awesome to have that all done. Tuesday and Wednesday, I got all caught up with house work, decorating for Christmas (hehe), got some Christmas shopping done (mostly online), and prepped for Thanksgiving.
This is what a half decorated tree looks like. I figured we might as well not fight the boys every day about not taking the ornaments off. So this year we get an awesome looking tree :) Jack and Eli immediately started blowing on the lights when I got it out haha. They really like it and I loved watching them be mesmerized by it at first.
Eli eating with his foot up. When Jack notices, he tries to do it and can't fit his leg up. Poor kid is just bigger enough that he can't get it!
 Grocery shopping buddies. They loved holding the bags of green beans for me the whole trip. 
The best family snuggles during a break from life. Eli got some alone time during a nap and he loved it. 


  My first attempt at lemon meringue pie. Had to try the meringue twice because I burnt it the first time, but I like how it turned out!
Thursday we spent Thanksgiving at Zach's parents house. We missed the Evans with us, but it was great day. The men and children (minus Jack, Eli, Grace, and Emma) went to play frisbee golf that morning. We all met up at 1:00 to feast. The boys didn't seem too interested in eating much but they tried a lot of things and discovered that the like candy corn. They had a pretty fussy/whiny day which was unfortunate but I think it was just because they weren't able to go down for naps since we weren't home. The girls made some christmas crafts. The kids all got new PJ's for the first gift of christmas from Grandma Willa and they all looked so cute in them.
 Cutest little camo pjs with a bum flap!
 Eli acting like one of the big cousins playing with the i-pad
Friday we headed to Farmington in the morning. We did some Christmas browsing/shopping with some Black Friday deals, went to Interstellar with Jake while the boys were with my parents, and had homemade pita sandwiches from my dad.
Saturday we got to meet up with my dear friend from childhood, Kate, and finally get our twins together! Emily was taking their family pictures that morning at the Joseph Smith Building so we had to take the opportunity to get together. Her girls turn two in January and are so so cute. It was hard to get a good picture with 4 toddlers but we tried.
 The only picture we could get of just the kiddos. Harper is running away, Avery looking behind her, Eli in a daze, and Jack sucking on the banister. Perfect. 
While we were in SLC, we stopped by temple square to show the boys the SLC temple for the first time. Gorgeous as always. Want to go back with the lights soon!

We went to Mockingjay with Emily which I've been dying to see. I thought it was great. We also took a family picture for our Christmas card. The boys looked so handsome in some sweaters I found at Target the day before when we were shopping. Such studs.
 We got to go to church with them then headed home before dark. It was the first time my whole family was together since Mother's Day. The boys hardly ever see their uncle Braden and unfortunately we couldn't convince them that he was a nice person. They were so scared of him the whole weekend. Hopefully we can get that fixed soon. We tricked Eli into letting him hold him.
I am so grateful for family though. The one I was born into, the one I married into, and the one I created. This year I am most thankful for those relationships. I am most thankful for my roles of mother and wife and how I get to experience the happiness that comes from them. Our little family is so blessed to be surrounded by so much love from so many people.

No comments:

Post a Comment