On Friday we had the annual cousin party at Grandma Willa's house. An elf from the North Pole and Santa showed up to join the fun. The boys didn't want anything to do with either of them which is what we expected but I was perfectly okay with that. We got to play games and eat treats and go to bed 2 hours past their bed time. They had a blast.
Getting a peek at Santa walking in the door.
On Saturday we got to have the McKenna Christmas party at the institute. No pictures but we had fun. Then we visited Grandma and Grandpa Christensen and Jack was cracking all of us up with his surprised face at all of their decorations. Then we got to have dinner at the Crepery where the boys charmed the place with their cuteness on the swing.
Christmas Sunday was a bit of a struggle. We at least made it through sacrament meeting and got to enjoy the beautiful music and some talks. I tried to take a picture of the boys before church but they weren't having it. This is the best I could get. It was frustrating in the moment, but now it's just funny.
We got to attend a get together with families that live on Zach's old culdesac on Sunday evening. As we walked back to the car, Eli and Jack were close up to house lights for the first time and Eli kept doing his surprised face. It was hilarious.
On Sunday I let them touch the elf and snowman we've had under the tree. You would have thought they were best friends because they wouldn't stop carrying them around and giving them hugs and kisses.
Tonight it finally snowed!! I was so excited to get the boys out there even though it was already dark. They were in heaven. It was so fun to watch them discover snow. Big faces of surprise and smiles all over. Loved it!!















I love how everything is so new and exciting to them. It's so fun to see!
ReplyDelete