The final week of freedom has come to an end...sigh. It started with an emotional meltdown last Sunday night. The lists...oh the lists!... just kept pouring into my mind as Zach and I were watching a show before bed and I couldn't quite handle it. Getting to have a break from work responsibilities is beyond wonderful and I'm SO lucky I get to experience that every year! I know I should just suck it up and count my blessings, and for the most part I really do, but Sunday night I wasn't in the mood to be optimistic. I hated that it was time for my life to go back to that stressful mindset where I'd have never ending things to get done, usually feeling behind with my home responsibilities, time away from my children, and just doing the necessary tasks to get by and never quite feeling on top of life. This breakdown happens at the end of every summer. I just want so badly for all my time and energy to be spent within my home and with my family and it hurts when I have to put that desire aside for awhile until next summer. I truly do love my career and what I get to do to earn money for our family. I'm so lucky to have my amazing job with AMAZING people that lift me up and that I enjoy being with. It really is a dream job for me. But I will always have the burning desire to be a full time stay at home mom. It's just who I am.
It's been a busy week. With Zach studying around the clock for tests, flight stage checks, online projects, etc. And me spending nap times and night time after the kids are asleep working at school on my classroom, it's been a little harder to get some fun in. But we managed to do a few fun things before our school year routine gets back into place.
We made it to Herms twice! For brunch with just our little family and for brunch after a baptism with my parents and Emily.
(trying Zach's Dr. Pepper)
dressed up and handsome for my cousin Meili's baptism
First time my parents have been to Herm's and it was a hit of course!
Made cookies as a family as part of FHE. (I hardly ever make dessert just for fun so the boys were thrilled!)
Played at the park/outside.
Got out to the pool to enjoy the sun.
They love to drum on the end tables.
Got snow cones and went to dinner at Rumbi with Jaime, Scott, and Corey.
Made forts with oversized Jenga blocks we got at the Johnson Reunion.
this is what happens when two try to fit in a house built for one
And just had fun around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment