Monday, July 11, 2011

Sorensen Bed & Breakfast

Zach and I spent the weekend visiting the newly married Brent and Jamie! We got there Friday night and stayed till Sunday afternoon. Their apartment is adorable and we got to sleep on thier brand new fouton. They were the best hosts ever and boy did they feed us gooood :) Our first night Jamie made us delicious fajitas and strawberry shortcake!


Zach was wanting a hair cut pretty bad and Brent just so happened to have gotten new clippers for his bday.  So Brent gave Zach a haircut before we headed to bed. He did a great job.


The next morning Brent made us breakfast, then the boys went to the new Transformers movie. Jamie and I just hung out at the apartment. Haven't got to just chill with my girl in loong time. It was perfect. And once again for lunch Zach and I were drooling over the chicken paninis they made us. Seriously need to get us a panini grill soon! Later we all took a walk to get snow cones.





Then we walked over to the park. They have a carasol, little water park, playground, and huge grass area. It was a pretty legit park. There were puppies that a group was trying to give away and one kept coming up to Brent and snuggling with him. It was the craziest thing! It did it like 4 different times. (I love this pic of them busting up laughing.)






We went out to dinner to the Pizza Pie Cafe and stuffed ourselves. It's buffet style with endless pizza, dessert pizza, salad, and pasta. Delish! We got this for dessert...


We played a game where you say a scenerio and you take a picture of your immediate reaction, and we were all cracking up. This pic was one of my favs. "You just won a trip to Cancun, Mexico!"


We went over to their friend's apartment to say hi and got to experience the Kinect for the first time. Zach now wants one pretty bad. It was hilarious to watch I must admit. We finished the night off with a red box. Zach of course fell asleep and I did too. I guess we were pooped.

We went to their ward on Sunday. Made me think of how it will feel to start our new ward soon- kinda nervous to be the new kids again. After church a bunch of their friends had a barbeque outside of their complex. The food was once again so delicious and I should have taken pictures. It was so fun to get to know their friends a little better. They have such a fun group of people that live around them and we wish we could be closer to join in on the fun more often!

Thanks for such a fabulous weekend guys! We sure love you both :)

No comments:

Post a Comment