We got there Friday evening and made pistachio homemade ice cream and played Hand and Foot (card game).
Saturday we took a drive around to explore since we are still new to the area. It was heartbreaking to see floods endangering cabins like this. There entire front yard was a river and they were out trying to build up a barrier in the back as the river was just rushing at it. So sad.
During our drive my dad would constantly be saying, "Oh! This is beautiful!", "I am in heaven!", "I love my life!", "I love this place". I love his enthusiasm of life and the world :) He made us get out and take a picture. During these few minutes we each managed to get several mosquito bites. We were happy the mosquitos weren't like that by our cabin!
We then got some navajo tacos at a stand on the side of the road which were delicious! No pictures though. Then we made our way to Rockport Lake! We rented 2 jet skis for the afternoon and it really was a blast. The lake was not nearly as choppy as when I've been jet skiing at Bear Lake which made it much more enjoyable. The weather was gorgeous and surprisingly it wasn't even very crowded for it being the 4th of the July weekend! We lucked out big time. We worked on our tans (as you can see Zach and has the best farmers tan in world) and also had a yummy fried chicken dinner.
We left the lake around 7:30 and when we got back to the cabin we wanted to go pet the horses across our cabin in the pasture. We ended up meeting their owners and learned their names are Sam and Axel. They were so friendly and came right up to us (I stayed back though because I'm not the biggest fan of big animals..)
That night we made oreos and cream homemade ice cream, played more Hand and Foot, and watched Freedom Writers (one of my favs!)
Sunday we went to church and it was packed! It filled the entire chapel and entire gym. We were in the very back and I couldn't even see the pulpit wow! We had a great relaxing Sunday with naps, May I (card game), dutch oven potatoes and flank steak dinner, hammock time, walks, more homemade ice cream (this time lemon), and another movie.
By Monday morning it was just down to my parents and us because Jacob left early for work and Emily left for EFY. After getting rid of the extras, the real fun began :) We decided to go to Olympic Park in Park City. We watched the skiers train off the jumps into the pool which is always cool to see!
My dad and I did the Extreme zip line (we are the brave ones I guess). My dad, mom, and I did the Ultra zip line which is a smaller one. And all of us did the alpine slide. It was lots of fun! And once again, it surprisingly was not crowded and this time not even hot at all.
Zach filming from the bleachers below.
We finished the weekend off with Chinese food and a fortune cookie stating Zach has the potential to be financially successful-which we are now going to keep forever and hold it to it! Thanks mom and dad for such an awesome weekend!!



No comments:
Post a Comment