Friday, July 22, 2011

Walls

I just returned from a quick road trip to Oregon and back but still waiting on the pictures, so the post and adventures will come soon!

Last night after I got home and we ate dinner, we made our familiar drive over to our house. We find ourselves over there a lot! Checking the progress and getting more excited each time. Last night we discovered the entire first floor completely framed! We'd had a few walls for like a week so it was so exciting to see completed walls in the shape of an actual house! I couldn't stop smiling looking at it all. It's so easy now to play the 'imagine this' game as you walk around and imagine your things in there making it your own place. Imagining the memories we will have with our little family inside those walls making it our home. I said to Zach as I was imagining things in my mind, "I can't wait to hang out with you here!" It feels good. And it feels right. Here is a little tour so far. (I didn't take pictures of the closet, pantry, or half bathroom. And I realize you probably don't feel like you need to see framed walls and nothing else, but this is for us to document the process.)

The front of the house so far


The side of the house. Garage on the left (Zach is so excited about the little window in the garage)

Walk in the front door and to the right side is where the kitchen will be. 

Where our table will be.

Walk in the front door and straight back is to the garage, pantry, half bath, and beginning of stairs. This is the beginning of the platform of the stairs when they turn around the corner and go up.

Walk in front door and look left is the living room. (To the right in the pic is the stairs). We love all the windows we will have and...

we love the tall ceiling in this room. It makes it feel so open even when it isn't very big. The ceiling will go to the top floor in this room and at the stairs.

We've settled on the wall color. We want a soft gray throughout the house and we think Stonington Gray from Benjamin Moore is going to be it! Here is a pic I just got off the internet of it. (Keep in mind different computer screens can distort the actual color)

photo.htm.jpg

Once the upstairs bathrooms are framed we will be measured for the cabinets and counters and get those ordered. I will put up pictures of those final choices when that comes! Still have no clue with carpet, and still no final decision on hard flooring/tile etc. So many things to decide but it's been fun to do this together. Stressful at times and slightly confrontational when we don't see eye to eye....but overall just exciting! haha. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment