Sunday, August 28, 2011

Boy time

Zach's good friend (I guess I should say our good friend), Jake, came to visit this weekend. It had been way too long since our last get together and we were excited to spend some time with him. It was fun to see Zach so happy with one of his best buds and to have some boy time for a change. And when I say boy time, I mean REAL boy time. They rented an xbox game and stayed up all night playing it together. All without any complaints from the wifey to come to bed :) I woke up at 5am and saw he still hadn't come to bed and just thought he'd fallen asleep out in the living room. But sure enough at 6am he came in and said he hadn't even fallen asleep yet and was just now getting to bed! I think it brought him back to his single days when staying up all night was common/normal/and easy. The boys slept till about 10:30 then we made a yummy crepe and sausage breakfast. Nutella and strawberries on crepes are delicious by the way! Zach kept smiling and saying, "We need to do this more often. Jake you need to come more often." Some more boy time proceded after our 'breakfast at lunch time' as the xbox was once again put to use for a few more hours of the afternoon. It's pretty disgusting how this can happen-you'd think you'd get a headache or something!  Thanks for giving Zach his dream weekend Jake! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment