Saturday, August 6, 2011

Johnson Reunion

Yesterday we made our appearance at the Johnson reunion at Lava Hot Springs. Everyone was camping there for 2 nights but our immediate Johnson family decided just to go for Friday. It was a cave man theme complete with paper mache dinosaur egg hunt, cave man dances, costumes, bone necklaces, a full roasted pig, and more.

We tubed down the Portneuf River in 2 four man tubes with some cousins. It took almost 2 hours and we could go all the way to the camp at the end. At the very beginning there were a few waterfall-ish rapids to get through. Mandi and I were pretty nervous to say the least. I'm not brave when you mix me with water anything and I wasn't looking forward to this because people kept saying you could tip if you weren't careful. Well we made it down the set of rapids successfully and it was pretty fun! But then the braver people in the group had the bright idea to try it again. I thought we should have just stopped while we were ahead. Why risk it again when we already survived perfectly! But we ended up going down them again and yep!---our 4 man tube flipped. I was in the front so I went down pretty hard and the tube then flipped on top of me. There were lots of rocks down at the bottom and I got pretty torn apart on my feet, knees, and a DOOZY on my bottom. It made for a pleasant rest of the ride down with open wounds :) I wasn't the best sport about it.




We didn't bring any caveman costumes but some people had extra fabric. Zach did this with his...And a few minutes later, after my camera died, he made it even more attractive. aka embarassing. Let's just say it's a good thing my camera died.

Jonah's cute caveboy outfit

The dutchoven and roasted pig dinner was so yummy!! I unfortunately didn't get any picture of the pig getting opened...but you can imagine. That was the last of our reunions this summer. The fun has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment