One good thing about having late church is this long morning to play catch up in the blogging world. The past few weeks have been much busier than our normal lives. I'm feeling the weight of actually 'growing up' a lot lately and it's a bit overwhelming at times. I feel like there are so many different huge changes in my life right now, and each alone would be enough to stress me out. But with them here all at once it's more than I'm used to for sure.
I've had 2 weeks of training for my job the past little while and I've been staying late a lot of days to get everything ready for my class. I've learned that the lists of to-do's for teachers never end or even get shorter! I haven't left my classroom till after 9pm the last few days and yet I still feel like there is so much left to do. I know I'll never feel all the way 'ready' for school to start but I'm getting there. Ready or not, here it comes! Tomorrow is back to school night where I will meet all my kiddos and their parents. It is going to finally feel real when the parents come in with millions of questions for their child's TEACHER! Talk about scary. But I'm so excited to finally get all the introductions and newness behind me. First day of school is on Wednesday. Wish me luck! Please :)
Oh and side note---My niece is in one of my classes! Can't believe it. We'll have to practice my name: Mrs. Johnson. Not Karli :)
The details of planning a new home are steadily coming together. Although now that my mind is in teacher mode, I'm afraid Zach is going to have to take the lead on this one now. We have carpet, cabinets, counters, most of the tile, paint color, and faucets/plumbing all figured out and we are so excited to get to see it all together. We might be biased, but we are pretty sure it's gonna be one good looking home. The framing is taking forever but finally on the end side of things. Zach and our brother in law will then start the electrical stuff and after it gets sheet rocked, it's all ours to finish. We will be doing all the painting, finish work, tile/hard flooring, and cabinets ourselves. And when I say 'we', pretty sure you all get the picture that that means 'zach'. It's insane how handy this guy is (along with his family). I picked the right one for sure!
Well that's enough catch up for now. Last night after a day full of house meetings/appointments in Salt Lake, we had a good de-stressing night with friends which was much needed. We went to the last part of the demolition derby, got Charlie's Ice Cream and sat in the bed of the truck while watching cars on main street. We played a game where you had to guess which one would go through the intersection first at stop lights...ridiculous entertainment I know but we enjoyed ourselves!
Gigs In Slovakia #10 '26
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment