So Zach had to miss out on the fun today as we celebrated our Johnson family Easter traditions. It was a good taste of what life will be like without him for the next few months. Luckily I have such great in laws who I love being with! We went to Old Main Hill to roll eggs to start. I just love watching the kids get so into this. Holli was saying how great it is now that the kids are old enough to run down the hill and collect them themselves! The seagulls were everywhere as usual and even some snow left over from the storm yesterday. But it turned out to be a warm and beautiful sunny day!
We had lunch at Bob and Willa's then the Easter Egg hunt. Maelee and Jonah got to have a head start and the older kids were so anxious to get going! Here they are waiting patiently in the garage.
Everyone checking out their stash. We had confetti eggs again that the kids liked smashing on everyone's heads.
Then we had the egg drop contest. Our given supplies were bubble wrap, foam, tape, and we had to include a roll of pennies in there as well. Since this is done with teams as families, I got to do it alone. Zach is the inventive brains of us two, so I was done fast and it broke with one drop. Darn.
The girls looked so cute coloring as they waited for everyone to be done.
I don't understand how people can be so comfortable on ladders. Especially with little children like this! But there's no fear here! I had to represent my team of 1 and climb the ladder, and I survived. Greg won by landing their egg closest to the bullseye and got a Subway gift certificate.
We had root beer floats and enjoyed the sun for the rest of the afternoon. What a great day.





No comments:
Post a Comment