There's lots not the internet saying how it's just a scam and whatnot, but I'm choosing to believe in the cause and what Invisible Children is trying to do to spread the word. On April 20th, they wanted everyone to 'Cover the Night' with Kony 2012 posters to 'make him famous'. A group of friends went out and put tons of fliers up and chalked about everything at USU until 1am this weekend to participate. It was really fun! Here's some of what we did.
Gigs In Prague #13 October '26
22 hours ago



Many compliments! -awesome you guys. Yes the controversy has become quite intense & complicated, but in all my research, I still believe it's a genuine, unselfishly driven, honest & honorable cause in which all the "Kony 2011" efforts can (has done) do much more good than anything of a negative outcome. I don't care if Jason Russell & his co-workers' fundraising efforts result in enough money for them to travel back and forth to Africa or other expenses that support some of their needs while they devote their lives on this unselfish cause. I believe they're altruistic. I enjoyed listening to this US Senator who chairs an African Affairs committee. Unlike opposers/slammers of the Invisible Children campaign, the US Senate message doesn't give any words or attempt to downplay it at all. Their press releases are attempting of course to make themselves known as attentive & responsible regarding how the government already has been & is currently prioritizing efforts against the LRA. But the press releases & videos by the US government/senate are respectful, supportive & encouraging of "Kony 2012" (Jason Russell's innovation. I mean they don't do or say anything to pump it up. But they don't discredit it in the least. They say specific things like, "We hear you.This is important. We're proud of you for caring. Keep it up. We agree with you. We need you." -probably you've already listened to these, but just in case:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amckcO7kUjU
http://www.coons.senate.gov/kony/video/