Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother Dear

I love that I got to go home and be with my mom for Mother's Day. And because I didn't have my other half with me, my mom and I got to do more visiting than we usually do :) It was so great to stay up and sit and talk and catch up. I love and admire this woman so much. She has always been my number one supporter, comforter, and teacher throughout my life. I am so blessed to have such a constant example of how a mother should be and I can't wait to become the mother she has taught me to be. (I also can't wait to see her as a grandma--I know she's going to rock at it!) Dad got her some pretty outrageous flowers! I love the pose with his spatula. He was being a good daddy and made everyone crepes for breakfast.


Mom with her favorite kids! Braden was asleep downstairs and Jacob obviously not available. So therefore, for sure her favorite kids.



I went to primary with mom for church and got to see her in action as the Primary President. She is one awesome woman to deal with such a 'fun' primary each week! It was pretty funny to watch and help with. Oh and side note, I stepped in to help with the nursery for a few minutes and the woman was totally confused because she didn't think my mom and dad had another younger daughter. She totally thought I was younger than Emily. I let her know I was in fact married, graduated from college, and 8 YEARS older than her...also some friends of Emily's who had never met me also thought I was her younger sister after seeing our dance video...sad moments in my life :( One day I'll grow up hopefully.

Right after church we got to talk to Jacob on the phone! Ever since Zach has been away, he hasn't had internet to skype with and at this very moment, we had our first chance to skype!! I've been waiting patiently and anxiously for this time because I've been needing to see that handsome face of mine. Miss it. So Zach got to sit on the computer through skype and listen to our conversation with Jacob on the phone. Technology is pretty dang amazing! It was a double great hour for me--I got to hear my amazing little brother laugh and talk about his mission AND stare at Zach and make faces the whole time. Prime Time.


 We attempted to have the cat meow for Jake but he wouldn't cooperate.




Braden wanted to pose to show his awesome listening skills as Jacob talked. Love seeing Zach pull a face in this!
Grandma and Grandpa came for dinner so mom got to see her mom too :) Two amazing ladies right here! Hope all you mothers out there had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment