Thursday, May 24, 2012

Reflections

Today marks 3 weeks since Zach left. Can't believe it's been that long and can't believe it's only been that long. (just 5 more to go!) I'm to the point where it feels pretty normal to be home with myself after school instead of just weird. Grateful for that. Because of our different work schedules the only time we get to connect and talk is about 10:00 each night. My body is readjusting to believe it can go to bed past midnight and still function enough to wake up bright and early for work. When Zach and I were dating, we could stay up until the wee hours of the morning and talk and talk and talk. Then I'd go to bed and get up just a few short hours later to nanny for a family before school. It was no big deal! But for some reason putting a ring on your finger makes you wanna go to bed early and get sleep. The first 2 weeks were no good for me getting much less sleep, but I finally feel like I can do this! We are in our routine  and skyping rocks. Such a blessing and it's so fun to see each other every night!

I've been reading lots which I've found I really like! Not normal for me to sit down for hours with a book. But it's a new found hobby now with my time in bed before I hear from Zach. I've been sucked in Stephanie Nielson's autobiography this week Heaven Is Here. Even if you already know all about her story, her book is a must read. I cry every time I read from it. It makes me ponder on the things that matter most and makes me want to be a mom who is grateful for all the little things.

Just one week left of school and the excitement is in the air. I'm gonna miss my kids so much. It's this time of year where being a teacher just rocks the socks off of any other proffession. It is beyond rewarding to see these little wide-eyed  5 year old come in to school knowing the basics and now are grown up 6 year olds who can read, write, and do 1st grade curriculum math. They have changed and grown so much and they amaze me. I have been one lucky girl to have such incredible classes this year who are so FUN to be around and make me laugh every day. We had our Field Day today which was a blast! And are now putting the final touches to our big graduation program for next Friday. We will be performing poems, kindergarten memories, watching a slideshow of pictures, presenting diplomas, and even throwing our hats. The whole shebang and these smarties deserve all the celebration!

Today at Field Day with the other kindergarten teacher-Heather, her aide-Jen, my aide-Stacey, and me! We are the blondes and the brunettes (funny how it worked out like that).  I sure love these 3 incredible women who make my job so enjoyable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment