Wanna hear a story? So Zach moved his finals up so he could finish with them on Tuesday and leave for good ol' Canada on Wednesday. Didn't want a single day wasted. He was planning on following Alex up there and was gonna leave right after everyone got done with their tests. Well it turned out on Monday that something was still screwed up with their work Visas that they didn't know about. So they had to refill out the paper work and they were told their visas would be overnighted to get here Wednesday morning. So Zach and I had our 'final' day/night together on Tuesday. Zach went with me to the dentist, we made dinner together, and spent the night packing- because of course it was all saved for the night before :) This is hows boys work in case you weren't aware. The whole day I was pretty weepy. It's rediculous. And that night going to bed, I was even more weepy. I have the heaping pile of tissues on my night stand to prove it! Pretty sure I heard Zach chuckle a few times while holding me in bed because it was so rediculous. You'd think he was dying or something! But to my defense, it doesn't help when you start your 'woman cycle' the day before your husband is to leave you for 2 months. Makes things a little more emtional :) I savored every moment with Zach. Constantly getting and giving hugs, kisses and i love you's. I didn't quite get how I was supposed to say the real good bye in the morning and just leave to have a normal day at work. But morning came and it was time to go. We had some special/tender moments before I left for work. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's felt that- where you memorize every part of someone in that moment and you can replay it back so clearly. I headed to work where I was STILL weepy on and off all morning as I taught school and contemplated my lonely life. Good Grief!
Then at lunch I heard from Zach that his work visa didn't come...the other two guys' did, but no sign of Zachs. He called FedEx and there was even no sign of his name or our address for that day's deliveries. It turned out that Zach could do nothing but wait for it to come the next day. So the other two boys left without him, and I got my husband for ONE MORE DAY!! I was so excited!! Of course so bummed for Zach too- the car was fully loaded for a 4 month adventure and his mind was so ready to get out there and be selling the next day. But luckily Zach could see the happy side of getting one more night together and it didn't get him down. We got Subway, made our first green smoothie in the Blendtec, and went to Hanna's soccer game to see some family one last time. And our night was much better than the first. Much less weepy and rediculous on my part :) We had lots of laughs and smiles. A much better way to leave.
I feel like it was a tender mercy from the Lord to get to be with Zach an extra night. I felt so much stronger saying good bye the second time. It gave me more time for the reality to sink in and my mind to know ITS OKAY! I'm gonna live! :) Zach waited at FedEx this morning to get the visa first thing, and he should be reaching the border by 7 tonight, then 4 more house to Calgary. Let the selling begin!
Gigs In Slovakia #10 '26
5 weeks ago
No comments:
Post a Comment