Friday, August 24, 2012

Kindergarten-Year 2!

Well the first week of school has come and gone! So excited to be in my second year of teaching instead of my first! This time around still brought nerves and some stress getting ready, but wow it really is so much better! I love at least having a general idea of what to expect with all my curriculum, organization, and these very fresh-to-school 5 year olds. My classes are slowly beginning to learn the procedures as I attempt to train them how to be a student. They seriously make me smile constantly and keep me on my toes all day :) My favorite part of being back in school so far is getting all the visits from my kids from last year. I know it will die down, but right now I have at least 10 kids every day coming to say hi, get a hug, or hang out in my class after school. I love feeling like a celebrity getting a million waves and smiles walking in the hall. I love them so much and it is just AWESOME seeing them grow up and be first graders. It just makes me remember how much I am going to grow to love my new little ones. I love my job!

One of the first assignments I give is a fun little "All About Me" worksheet and I got some awesome responses...

Best Part About Me Is...
--I try to choose the right.
--my singing voice

When I Grow Up I Want To Be...
--a mermaid with wings
--an adult
--a clown
--a guitar girl and live at Disneyland
--a princess
--a cowgirl and snow cone maker

Books I Like Are...
--All of them but not the baby books

Things I Like To Do
--Dress up like a princess and play doggies

Hope everyone is enjoying being back in school!


1 comment:

  1. -just checkin' in to say hi. I loved catching up on Karli & Zach this morning! Your blog is so fun for me to read & see. Oh my goodness, your students' comments. "What I Want To Be When I Grow Up" & "Things I Like To Do" . . . loving these! -so funny & cute. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete