18 Weeks
- Am I due next month, you ask? Oh no...just 4 1/2 months along! One of my kindergarteners said today, "Your belly is so big! The babies are almost ready!" She was so excited. I had to burst her bubble letting her know they won't be here until she's a first grader :)
- If we can make it to the goal of 36 weeks (Dr. says if we can make it that far, the babies will most likely be able to come home with us from the hospital and typically won't have to spend time in the NICU), then this week is technically my half way mark!
- Babies are 5 1/2 inches long.
- I feel like my appetite is really growing. I'm always hungry and definitely craving anything sweet lately. Luckily fresh fruit always seems to hit the spot too.
- Have gained 16 pounds. I have no idea if for a twin pregnancy this is normal, insane, or what, but I'm just happy the babies are growing. It sure is weird seeing numbers on the scale I never have seen before though.
- Still haven't broken in any maternity pants. Trying to make it through the next few weeks of teaching without having to buy maternity work pants. Skirts are being a life saver.
- Still throwing up. Might try some experimenting with diet changes this week to see if it makes a difference.
- Seriously losing my mind and memory and it's hilarious. At school I'll make the silliest mistakes in front of the class and they'll just laugh and laugh. At home I'll get things out of the fridge I don't really need, forget why I started a task, and can't go a day without spilling something on my shirt. It's great entertainment for my husband.
- Every day I feel so grateful for these two miracles and that we haven't had any complications so far. 9 more days until we found out their genders!
I can relate to being weirded out by the number on the scale. At the hospital triage when I was in labor, they asked how much I weighed, and I was like, "oh, well… I guess 150 lbs now???!!!" So strange. You look great, and congrats on being halfway!
ReplyDeleteCUTE!!!! love it!! -Jamie
ReplyDelete