Monday, June 3, 2013

End of year 2

My second year of teaching has reached a close. Can't believe how fast the school years go by! The last few days of school are always busy and full of celebration. We have our field day, class parties, crazy hair day, and graduation. It's so great to have days packed with fun where the kids really get to let loose and celebrate all the hard work they've done throughout the year.

Apparently there was a nasty bug going around our school that I caught. I wasn't entirely sure that it was the flu rather than just pregnancy because I'm already used to being sick. So I didn't take any work off, knowing there was way too much to do to end the year. This resulted in throwing up 10+ plus times within the last few days of school/graduation and trying my best to suck it up. Because of this, I didn't really get to enjoy the end of the year like I usually do. Zach, my sister-in-law Holli, and my aide Stacy were so helpful that last day of school. They helped take down everything off my walls while I sat at my desk ordering them around. I am the luckiest ever and I am so grateful for people who love me!

I made it through Graduation without getting sick in front of a room full of families (my worst nightmare) and I know the kids had a great time. They performed poems, each shared their favorite kindergarten memory, watched a picture slideshow of the year, received diplomas, threw their hats, and ate lots of dessert. Wish I could post pictures of my adorable classes but I'm not allowed to do that. But I can post this one of my nephew, Porter, who I got to teach all year. It was so fun to be his teacher. Here he is getting his diploma and posing for his picture.

 Me and Stacy. I couldn't be more lucky to have her as my full time aide. I could not do my job without her help and support. She will teach for me while I'm on maternity leave next year and will do awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment