Sunday, January 19, 2014

Zach the Dad

Zach and I met in our student ward, where our groups of friends became friends. The first time we hung out with none of our other friends there, was to go watch his sister Holli's kids at her house. I completely remember that night and thinking to myself how fun he was with his nieces and nephews. I'm a sucker for seeing guys with kids and I'm sure that was his plan all along in inviting me to go with him that night. Well it worked and I was hooked :) I knew Zach would be a great dad to our kids one day. But I never knew how GREAT of a dad he would turn out to be. I am so lucky to have him as my partner in raising our boys. I honestly can't imagine how I could have picked a better person to compliment me in my role of being a parent. Especially in our role to raise twins.
I love how he is so confident with them. I love how he plays with them. I love how much Jack and Eli adore him. I just love watching them together. Melts my heart! With me working full time as a teacher, I feel like he knows them just as well as I do. I never feel like I know more than him when it comes to figuring out what is best for our boys. We've always figured out our questions together; valuing each other's thoughts and ideas. He's been there for every step of raising them and I love that we've been able to do it all together. Both playing an active part. I love that he will always have this special relationship with them because of the opportunity he's had to take care of them so much while I work. It's something he probably won't get to do with our other kids and I know he loves it.
We are so lucky to have this man to watch over our family!

1 comment: