Saturday, June 30, 2012

Europe Day 2-Church/Traveling to Barlad

Most of the group went to church in Bucharest Sunday morning. It was a really neat and interesting experience. There were about 60 people there and 20 of us Bridge of Love people. A lot of the congregation had ear pieces in to listen as one of the missionaries translated the talks. The translating was a little rough but we got the gist of the talks--family, home teaching, and the sacrament. I love that around the world we can learn about the same principles and feel the spirit.


We then ate dinner at a fun restaurant that had live goats, bunnies, turtles, geese, peacocks, etc. There were some funky things on the menu. When in doubt, always choose the Shnitzel--its just breaded chicken.

Then we loaded up the maxi taxi and started on the 4 hour drive to Barlad. The van had no air and it was super hot, humid, and stuffy. Definitely the least enjoyable 4 hours of my life. We had to pull over at one point for our driver to get a ticket and then fix something under the hood. I was super nervous at times because they would pass cars. Just naturally I gasped on a really close pass and I got in trouble by the driver. He made me look him in the eyes and promise I trust him. That was fun...


We stopped for a popsicle break and potty break. But after seeing the bathroom was literally a hole in the ground with no toilet paper, I decided I could hold it.

We made it to Barlad where we stayed at the Hotel Moldova. Best part about it was that it had awesome AC in the rooms!! It was right next to a skatepark, across the street from a convenient Penny Market, and down the street from another hotel restaurant that we would eat at every night as a group. 



No comments:

Post a Comment