Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sister week


I have the best sister. After successfully turning 16 this week, she came and lived with her boring sister instead of partying with her friends. I SO appreciated the company. I've been taking the Spalding 2 class for my work this week (and next week), so Mers slept in and lounged around till I'd get home around 2:30. Then she'd wait while I did my hour or so of homework (such a good sis). THEN the fun would begin.
First and foremost we watched Vampire Diaries. Its a series she's obsessed with and has been trying to get me to watch forever now. I started it the week before she came and we successfully completed 2 seasons by the end of her visit. That's a lot of watching...so worth it. She's got me hooked and dying to see the the rest. Here is our best vampire impressions in honor of our Vampire Diaries bonding.

We wanted to go to a movie.  Since Emily had already seen most movies out, we decided to go to The Lucky One. In the theater, it was just us and an older lady by herself. The movie was awful. Boring and no chemistry between the actors at all. The best parts of the few hours there were rocking in the broken seats, making our own commentary for the ads and previews because the sound wasn't on, and having to go out and find a worker to fix the blurry screen. Movies 5 is a great theater :)



We went to the Willow Park Zoo on an afternoon with perfect weather. It was beautiful. I warned Emily that it was a very small zoo with not much, but we ended up having so much fun. We were in love with the monkeys. They were being so cute walking around with their lunches like little humans. Want one so bad!


There were baby emus that were sooo cute. There are two in the front of this picture.

I don't know why we thought it was so funny, but their faces were cracking us up. Trying to be emus...


We thought this racoon had to be dead. It was just sprawled out so awkwardly at the very top of this branch with its tongue out. So bizarre! Guess it was just sleeping.

Exactly what the racoon looked like :)


We went bowling and something in the air made us way better than we normally are. Emily got 3 strikes! Usually gutter balls are a common occurrence for us. Attractive bowling poses and being ridiculous...

 We were trying to come up with something the loser had to do and believe it or not licking the ball was the LEAST awful idea. I lost and got the honors of getting all sorts of diseases I'm sure.


I had so much fun with you Mersy! Thanks for keeping me company this week and being such a great sister. I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment