Thursday, June 14, 2012

Procrastinate much?

Should be packing for the next 2 months of my life right now. But I find myself...not packing!

Today I had the last day of my Spalding 2 class and took the final this afternoon. Another year of Spalding done! It was weird officially leaving my classroom for the summer and knowing as soon as I get back from our summer adventures, school will be just around the corner again. But summer is officially here and I'm ready to let my thoughts NOT be on work for a few months :)

I leave for Romania tomorrow. Now that my class is done, the next thing on the list for my brain to think about is Romania. Nothing else to distract me now and it's feeling much more real. The nervousness/excitement of a new culture, new food, new people, new language, new surroundings. All the last minute details have been planned and now all we have to do is get there and sweat our heads off! It's gonna be in the upper 80's/low 90's with hecka humidity :) Despite the heat, I am so anxious to get out there and experience everything with my family. I can feel that we are in for a treat and some amazing memories ready to be made. (Only wish I could share this with Zach too)

We will be traveling all through the night (cross your fingers for successful airplane sleeping), get to Bucharest Saturday evening (Romania time), go to church the next morning (gonna rock!), then take a 4 1/2 hour bus ride to Barlad (bring on the dramamine). We will spend the week in Barlad putting on a camp for the kids with the theme of "I Believe I Can". We get teach and play games, sports, music, excersizes/health, photography, crafts, etc. until Friday. Then we will spend the rest of our time in Paris, France. So excited!!!

We get back June 27th, then I will literally switch suitcases (not even time to come back home to Logan) and fly to Canada the next morning. So blog updates will be nonexistent for a little while. Next time I write, I will BE WITH MY HUSBAND in Canada!!!!! eh?! The anticipation is killing me. We are so ready to be reunited. Only 14 days between us now!

No comments:

Post a Comment