Today was graduation day! So many emotions and thoughts running through my head right now. Wish I could plaster this blog post with all the pics I have of these kids that I am so proud of. But it's against teacher rules to do that...so here are a few of the details.
Our graduation cake
They even got to have graduation hats! Our room was full of family to support these amazing little guys.
Our program turned out great. They did awesome with the poems we'd been practicing and sharing their favorite kindergarten memories. We watched a slideshow of pictures from the year. We took turns coming up to shake my hand, receive their diploma, and smile for a picture :) At the end of it all they even got to throw their hats to our favorite cheer, "hip hip horray!" We then talked and said our goodbyes out at our playground while eating cake and treats.
Each goodbye took a little piece of me. I couldn't help but choke up as I thanked these families for such a wonderful year. These kids will forever have a special place in me. It was with them I learned the ins and outs of what it means to be a real teacher. It was with them that I learned how much I love my profession. They will always be my first set of students I fell in love with.
One of my classes made me the cutest book with pictures and memories for the year. One of my favorite lines from one of the students is, "I love her because she loves me back". That is exactly the kind of teacher I want to be. One who can make her student's feel special, important, and loved.
I love you class of 2012! Can't wait to see them as first graders next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment