27 Weeks
- Only 10 more weeks at the most!! I've been feeling lately that they will be here before that though, and I have started to get my hospital bag ready just in case. It never hurt to be over prepared.
- So much running through my mind this week. This is the week that my best friend from childhood, Kate, had her twins last January. Of course no two pregnancies are the same but she's been on my mind all week. I'm so grateful to have her to talk to and that we can relate to each other in such a unique way.
- So with that already on my mind, we had our first scare on Monday. I was relaxing on the couch watching some tv and my stomach started to hurt. I could tell it was tighter than normal so I made sure to pay attention to it. It just kept getting worse and I got nauseous and threw up and the pain kept escalating. I haven't felt contractions before so it was hard for me to know exactly what was happening, but I knew it wasn't just in my head and that I needed to get things checked out. I started freaking out which I know made the pain/contractions worse and I started to call for some help. I got ahold of Zach but he was 25 minutes away in the middle of a job and unable to come (don't worry he knows now that when I call next time, he COMES! I don't think he believed what was really going on). So I got a hold of Holli (sis in law) who lives close and she was so amazing to rush over and take me to the hospital. By this point I was in so much pain and my anxiety level was high making things so much worse. She was so good to me as she held my hand while running stop signs and making phone calls for me. One of those calls being to Zach saying, "you get your butt to the hospital right now!" We got settled in at Labor and Delivery really quickly and they started monitoring the babies and my uterus and checked me. I was having contractions but not effaced or dilated past a 1 and the babies heart beats were good with no signs of stress. I was so freaked out my body was shaking and I couldn't control my legs and they kept telling me to try to relax my muscles. To which I responded, "any suggestions on how to do that??". I now know I need to practice relaxing :) Zach got there like 3 minutes after we did and my body started to calm down. I no longer was feeling sharp tightening pains from the contractions and they slowed down to what they call 'irritable contractions'. They had me rest for an hour and drink tons of water to see if they would stop. They wouldn't go away completely so they gave me a shot then monitored some more to see if it would work--and it did! The irritable contractions settled down and a few hours after this all started I was able to go home. Bob and Willa came and were with us the whole time and I was so grateful for their support. Zach (with Bob) gave me a blessing which I am so grateful for the peace it brought to my heart. We are so grateful the night wasn't any more eventful than it was and that the boys are doing good. We see this as a good practice run for the future and now I know exactly what to do, where to be, what my body should be feeling like, etc when we have our next go around. Hopefully it won't be for at least another several weeks. Happy thoughts are welcome in our direction!
- My mom came the next day and we worked on making the boys' carseat canopies! I love the mushroom fabric we picked and she was so helpful as I took LOTS of breaks to not overdue anything. (how can sewing make you tired?? i don't know) I love how they turned out! And it was so fun to spend a day with my mom.
- Sleep...what's sleep. I know I don't realistically understand what sleep will be like with two babies in the house, but I feel like pregnancy at least gets you started getting used to no sleep so it will be less of a shock. I'm awake at least every 2 hours going to the bathroom, repositioning trying to find a position semi comfortable, walking around, taking tums for heartburn, etc.
- At our specialist appointment today the boys showed that they are still doing good. Baby B is weighing 2 weeks ahead at 3 pounds 1 oz. He clearly is my boy because he likes to eat! Baby A is weighing at the normal week (27 weeks) at 2 pounds 4 oz. She said as long as no one is behind expected measurements for that week, than the difference for now is nothing to worry about.
- Baby A finally showed us his face!! It was so exciting for us to see.
Baby A on the right. Baby B on the left. I love how similar they look!! And the smirk on Baby B's face.





Oh Karli. I'm so sorry. All I can say is I know how you feel and it's all worth it in the end! You know that of course:) I think you're doing amazing!! So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness, that does sound kind of scary and stressful! Glad everything is ok! We are praying for you and all of your boys! :) And those carseat covers... SO CUTE!!!!! (P.S. Sewing is extremely tiring! and I'm not even pregnant! lol)
ReplyDeleteLove you!
I am sorry to hear about your scare - those are definitely NOT fun to have at all! Hopefully those boys will behave and keep cooking! :) I am so happy for you and I LOVE the pictures you have of your boys - you can see so many details! How fun! Can't wait to see them in real life - but hopefully still in a couple more weeks :)
ReplyDeleteLove you. And love those CUTE baby boys!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything at the hospital turned out okay in the end! Those car seat covers are adorable! I'm a sewing junkie too and can't wait to see all the cute projects you do. I find it incredibly awesome all the technology we have now to be able to actually see the babies faces!
ReplyDelete