Sunday, July 7, 2013

4th of July Celebrations

We had a blast spending time with both families last week to celebrate the 4th of July. Wednesday we headed to the McKenna cabin to spend a few days with my fam and the Egberts. It was so fun to have their whole family there with us (minus Jennifer on a mission). We had delish dutch oven potatoes and flank steak for dinner and played games that night.
Thursday we pigged out on scones and peaches for breakfast then headed to Rockport to spend the day at the lake. We rented jet skis and a tube and enjoyed the day in the sun. All summer I just get to watch all the activities from the sidelines to keep these babies safe so it's been pretty different. But it was fun to relax and try to make my glowing skin a little less 'glowy'. Our spot was perfect and the beach wasn't even crowded surprisingly.
Emily and McKenna
Brevan and Calvin
Dani, Ben, and Zach
Taking Ryan out on the tube
lookin' good I know
the view from my belly
my cute Zach sporting his 'shirt'
Sheri and Brevan
mom and dad goin out on the jet ski
sister peacin'
 Ben, Brevan, and Zach playing some frisbee
After our time at the beach we played more games at the cabin before a yummy salmon dinner. That night we played (I watched) tennis at the courts across from our cabin. I have the best cousins ever who are so entertaining to watch. Kacie and Ryan put on a half time show with some awesome juggling tricks.
That night we drove to a spot to watch the rodeo fireworks from a distance. As we waited, Zach tricked Emily into picking up some old horse poo. He was like, "Emily pick up that 'rock' in front of you." and with no hesitation she did.  So funny.
Friday morning we had huge waffles with strawberries and cream, sausage, and eggs then spend the day at Park City Olympic Park. Zach was nice and stayed with me by the ski jumps as the rest of the group did the zip line and alpine slide. As we sat and watched the skiers, two different families came and sat by us that had twins. One grandma of 7 month twins looked at my belly and said, "just think if you had twins!" and I said, "well I am!" It was fun to hear their stories. They were chillin in the exact stroller we got so I had to take a pic. The other family by us had 7 year old identical girls and of course had to hear their stories as well. I love the optimism we hear from families with twins and it makes us so excited to experience this unique kind of family. Except it sure seems it's not as unique as we first thought because we run into them everywhere.
We ate lunch at Red Rock then Zach and I headed to Bloomington Idaho to stay with his sisters and their families for some more fun. As we drove I realized we went to Utah, Wyoming, and Idaho in our travels. And the total 7 hours of driving made for lots of pee stops!
We got to the house in time for dinner and just hung out and played games that night. I love being an aunt and getting to hang out with my awesome nieces and nephews. They are getting so old! Greg did some awesome fireworks for us that night that were much bigger than I was expecting!
Everyone got a great laugh at Zach's new tank top sun burn and this outfit. He cracks me up.
We slept up in the loft with the kiddos and in the morning, Jonah joined Zach in bed to play his iphone. The rest of the boys soon followed and I later learned they weren't allowed to bring their electronics so Zach's iphone was pretty exciting.
Faith and Hannah talking in bed. Cutest gal pals around.
After breakfast, everyone went on a walk up to the cemetery while I stayed with Grace where we took naps. She is just the cutest little chubster.
Then we cleaned/packed and rented these special bikes from the KOA to ride over to La Beau's to get shakes. It was so fun!
Jonah being such a good brother to keep Grace safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment