Sunday, December 20, 2015

Growing up

Growing up comes with new tricks. Some better than others. They've learned how to turn on their lights and get out of their bedroom. This has resulted in them waking up much earlier than we are used to. Sometimes before 7:00 even. This meant they would be up before I get out of the house for work. Although I loved seeing them, it didn't give me my time to get ready and to work like I'm used to. One morning they came into our room at 4:45!! And Zach had had enough. So he started locking their door from the outside (we have a key and they are easily opened even without the key) so they would stop thinking they could just get out in the wee hours of the morning. Yes we are those crazy parents who lock their own children in their rooms. But it's worked. Zach has trained them to stop turning their lights on and getting out of bed until it's an appropriate time. Yay.
They both went pee in the potty for the first time this last week! And today Jack even told me he had to poop and did it in the potty! We were so excited! Potty training may be closer than I thought but I haven't set the dates when I will actually go through with that commitment. I'm not in a rush to do it yet. 
They play so cute together with their imaginations. One Saturday morning the put their backpacks on, put on one of Zach's ties that was laying on the floor and kept saying "church! bye!". They even made it into the garage. I brought them back in the house and had to take some pictures because it was too cute. 
 Then they amped up their church outfits with goggles and minion glasses.
Making trains with the kitchen chairs. 
Only two years old and already hooked on their phones ;)
It's so fun for me to take them on little outings alone now that I can trust them to listen to me and not run away or anything. One day after work I took them out to dinner at The Crepery so Zach could study. It was such a fun little date. They did this when I told them I was taking a picture for daddy. 
They really know how to make us laugh. And they love to! They are the silliest little humans I've ever met with huge personalities. I'm so happy my kids are so weird because it is so fun!
I took them to the temple to try and get a good picture and I succeeded I'd say :) I wanted one for their room because they LOVE temples and singing the primary song about them. It makes me so happy. My coworker saw it and said I should take this same picture before they go on their missions and that hit me hard! I know that time will come in the blink of an eye. I love my growing boys so much. 








No comments:

Post a Comment